This policy covers how we handle data from our listeners and the general public.
Regal Radio has a very simple approach to privacy - we don’t want your data. We collect as little about you as we can, while still operating our websites and services and getting information to help us to improve them. We also avoid letting third parties get access to your data via our sites.
With that in mind, there are a few things on our site which do hold some information about you. Here’s a list:
- Our websites are managed by us and our service providers, Cloudflare, and Raisely.
- We and our service providers may keep a log of requests made to our services. These logs are used for things like troubleshooting, traffic analysis, and detecting potential security problems and attacks.
- These logs may include, but are not limited to:
- The page you visited,
- Status and error codes,
- System configuration information,
- Information about the action you were trying to complete,
- Your IP address.
- These are erased periodically, and generally don’t contain personally-identifiable information.
- The lawful basis for collecting this information is legitimate interest.
- You can find more information in our service providers’ privacy policies: Cloudflare and Raisely.
- Payments on our websites are managed by Stripe.
- We collect anonymous analytics information to improve our websites and for troubleshooting.
- We store no personally-identifiable analytics information or cookies — we can’t trace the data back to you.
- The data we store includes, but is not limited to:
- Part of your IP address, from which we guess a very approximate location,
- The dates and times you make requests to our services,
- Details about the pages you visit on our site, including URLs, titles, the time it took to download and render the page, if you download any files or click a link to another website,
- System configuration information, like your screen resolution, web browser, device type,
- How long it takes for the page to be made by our server and then sent to your computer,
- After 1 day, we delete all of this and keep only aggregate information: for example, “500 people visited from the UK this week”, or “43% of visitors used an iPhone running Safari to view the website”.
- If you email us, we’ll store whatever you send us in that email. Our email is powered by Google Workspace. The lawful basis for this processing is contract.
- If you send us an email with content you’d like us to share on air, such as a request or music submission, we may publicly share the information you send us. Otherwise, the content will be kept within Regal Radio and our service providers.
- Elsewhere on our website, you might see other ways to share personal information with us or third parties. Any opportunities to do this will be clearly labelled, and will explain alongside them at the time how we handle your data.
- Information may be stored in backups after it has been deleted. The lawful basis for this is legitimate interest, as we use the backups for data recovery to ensure the integrity of our systems.
Our primary servers are in the UK, with encrypted backups in the US. Our service providers help us distribute our website content across the world to make the site faster — for this reason, some server logs are also stored worldwide.
Note that this policy might change from time to time, and you won’t necessarily be notified of the changes unless you check back here periodically. If you’ve got questions, you can email [email protected].